Saturday 26 October 2013

It has been a busy week this week working crafting, mundane housework and catching up with friends.  I have tried to keep to my eating plan but have so wanted quick, comforting but nutritional food.  I have definitely felt much better since changing my diet and cutting out gluten and sugar.

One of favourite meals is baked camembert and crudités, a very simple but comforting food.

You can’t beat the smell of homemade bread......

Carrot and lentil soup is so quick and easy to make with store cupboard ingredients.  All that is needed is 4 carrots, an onion, a potato, stock, salt & pepper, 50g of red lentils and a little olive oil. 


Fry the onions until they are soft then add the carrots, potato and stock (I use 2 heaped teaspoon of Swiss Marigold Bouillon and cover the vegetables with water).  When the carrots are starting to soften add the lentils and simmer for about 15 minutes until the lentils are cooked.  Season and put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. Voila a meal made in under 30 minutes.


My mother has had a Bero book since she was married and I got this copy years ago.  You can see how well used it is as the jacket has been lost but it still one of my favourite recipe books. 

I have used it this afternoon to make a naughty something for the weekend... a Victoria sponge. The filling was butter icing and I used my own damson jam to give it a sharpness that helps to cut through the sweetness, not necessarily orthodox but I like it.  How far can icing sugar go?  Everything is covered in it.

I managed to resist the bread but not the cake...mmmm. 

Crafting wise I have finished knitting the handbag and sewn it up but won't post a photo until I have lined it. 
I have made some more Christmas cards

and started making salt dough decorations

still not sure about them.
Still more ideas whizzing through my head a couple of different garlands, crotchet bowls, more handbags to name a few.  Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment