Thursday 19 September 2013

Day 2 and 3

It has been a busy couple of days and I have enjoyed every minute of them.  Spent most of yesterday mooching around Guisborough, I was in the vintage charity shops and managed to buy some beautiful yellow and pink doilies.  I found a craft workshop called Blue House which has many courses including glass painting which I would love to have a go at.  Then into Leven crafts which to any crotcheter, knitter or sewer is like a fabulous sweetie shop.  This was followed by a wonderful lunch and much needed catch up with my old neighbour and friend Vicki. 

Back at home it was time to put my jam pans on to finish the jelly off.  I added a little port to the apple, elderberry, plum and sloe pan.  The smell was wonderful and well, it will be Christmas after all!  This jelly can be used for savoury use such as added to gravy, used as a marinade, accompaniment or is just as good on toast. I love the fact it is a good all rounder.

This morning started with switching my sewing machine on and fulfilling a promise for my florist friend Rachel.  She has just rebranded her company and wanted a new apron in her new colours that would be pretty but not too girlie.  She was very pleased with the result this afternoon when I delivered it. 

Tonight I have finished my jars off with labels and Christmas material I had left over from last year.  The cloth tops remind me of kids dressed as shepherds in the schools advent plays for some strange reason and has made me smile while putting string around them.


Jam pan has been put back on to use the last of the apples.  This time I have added rosemary which is a lovely savoury jelly.  That is in the strainer now and will be finished off tomorrow. Don't know how I managed to fit work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment